Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot, hot, hot!

Once again it is extremely hot and humid in the Chicagoland area and I am not a fan. It never seemed to bother me that much until recently. I guess I really like to be outside and like to take Abby outside but in this nasty weather it just isn't gonna happen. Abby touches anything outside and says "hot". It's pretty funny.
I realized yesterday that I'm kinda going stir-crazy. It's too hot to be outside but I get bored inside. I love being home with Abby and spending so much time with her but I miss my job too. I realized that I have to be thankful for what I have and stop always wishing for things that I don't. I love my husband and daughter, my entire family, my friends and my job. How many people can say that? I have to learn to be content. That is my prayer right now...to really be content with my life. God has blessed me and I have lost too many people in my life to not cherish every single day.

Cathy

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh Cathy, dear, you are such a wise one... I think it's Mother's Guilt (there should be a name for it) regardless of the choice you're making, you still feel as if you're missing out somewhere. I'll pray that we (and all those other mother's cursed with M.G.) will find some peace and contentment this year, knowing that we're doing the best we can. Someone told me once that God gave our children to the best mother for that specific child. So quit thinking about what we should be and what our shortcomings are and know that God specifically paired us with our babies because we fit just right.